Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Fight With a Spider Web


The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout down came…………

Itsy Bitsy spider my ass, I hate spiders especially the big hairy ones. When I see a spider I freak out, my heart starts beating fast and my whole body begins to shake.

Arachnophobia is the most common phobia. Statistics show that nearly half of women and 10 percent of men have, to some degree, a fear of spiders. Well I’m one of those populations of women. I have not just a fear of spiders, but more of a hate towards them. The basement in my house stores plenty of them.
One day after blow-drying my hair out into a huge afro, I went to the basement boiler room to get something. About 6 steps into the boiler room I felt this sheer silky string across my face. After realizing what it was it seemed for a split second as if everything got quiet. All I could vision was a spider crawling in my hair and laying eggs in my hair and little babies crawling out of my hair, this thought freaked me out even more.
I screamed trying to remove the web from my face while bolting up the stairs like Ferris Bueller’s sister did after kicking her principle in the head in her house. When I got upstairs I ran to the living room on the carpet and stop dropped and rolled like I was on fire. All I was thinking was to get this spider off of me. After about 3 or 4 rolls on the carpet I ran into the powder room to see if there was anything on me.

To my luck there was nothing, so if you ever run into a spider web the panic, run, drop, and roll strategy works the best.

No comments: